Join Global Cleveland for the inaugural Global Employer Breakfast on Wednesday, September 9th at the InterContinental Hotel and Conference Center Cleveland. This event is the first in a series of corporate conversations that will focus on expanding our region’s talent pool. Featured speakers include Joseph Cabral, Chief Human Resources Officer at Cleveland Clinic, and nationally renowned immigration attorney Margaret Wong, principal of Margaret W. Wong and Associates, LLC.
At Global Cleveland we recognize the important contributions of highly skilled, international talent in the Northeast Ohio region. One of the most critical aspects of our mission is the engagement of recently arrived, highly skilled immigrants, and this session will focus on a set of practices designed to encourage employers’ successful hiring of international talent. The conversation will include a discussion of the value of engagement principles targeted towards increasing retention of international newcomers to Cleveland.
The objective of the newly created Global Employer Recognition Program is to provide education, assistance, and resources to assist employers in the hiring process. Our featured speakers will outline the impact on company performance and the local economy, recruiting methods and associated costs, and the visa sponsorship process. Furthermore, experts in the field will discuss best practices to aid in international hiring, access to immigration attorneys, and access to talent pools.
The benefits of employer recognition at future events in this series includes:
- First look access to talent pools of foreign-born job seekers and international students
- Access to roundtable discussions, benchmarking data, and best practices
- Recognition on Global Cleveland’s web portal, programs, communications, and promotions
- Display of recognition logo on company website and recruiting programs
- Assistance, resources, and information to streamline international hiring process
- Connections to highly qualified immigration attorneys and other AILA resources
Interested? Contact Jessica Whale at Jessica@globalcleveland.org or 216-472-3282
This event is made possible with the generous support of our program partners ERC and OHTec