Note: May 25 will be the last day for students to submit their pitches if they would like to participate in the 2017 Global Employer Summit. We will not be able to accept “walk-in” students on the day of event just to observe.
What is this showcase about?
Are you an international student? Do you have an innovative idea that you want to pitch in front of hundreds of employers? Now is your chance!
Global Cleveland proudly presents the 2017 Global Employer Summit; and we are currently accepting applications from students to participate in this event. No matter if it’s a research paper, an idea for an invention you just started forming, or simply some ideas that you think would benefit a company or workplace—we want to hear your voice!
This summit will convene Global Cleveland’s employer partners and civic leaders to address the critical issue of engaging international talent. This summit will lay the groundwork for a continued effort in supporting economic growth and business opportunities through international engagement. We are expecting 120+ attendees from 80+organizations, ranging from CEO to human resources and talent acquisition staff.
This whole day summit will be breaking into a morning session, a lunch-time international student showcase session, and an afternoon session. While the morning and afternoon sessions are informational panels for the employers; employers will be directed into the international student showcase during lunch time, and they will have the chance to browse and listen to students’ pitches. This would be a great opportunity to gain exposure in the business world – and to prospective employers or professional connections.
Event will be held at InterContinental Hotel and Conference Center, lunch will be provided.
Requirements for pitching at the 2017 Global Employer Summit
- You must be an international student currently or previously enrolled in higher education institutions in Northeast Ohio. International newcomers currently residing in Northeast Ohio will also be considered.
- Ideas that you are pitching need to be original. If presenting on behalf of another person, formal written permission should be acquired from that person beforehand.
- Ideas pitched should be potentially profitable to the employers either financially or culturally. For example, you could present a new model for marketing, a new product under design, or a way to enhance employee engagement.
- The students that were chosen must be available on May 31st, 2017 from 12:15pm to 1:15 pm for live presentation. If chosen for the final showcase, please kindly notify us before May 27th, 2017 if you cannot attend; your position will be offered to the next chosen applicant on our list.
How to submit your pitch idea for the 2017 Global Employer Summit
- Provide a one-page document or link to a video explaining the idea you want to pitch. The pitch should include the following parts/sections: your background information and how you came up with this idea; what exactly your idea is/how it works; how would your idea potentially benefit a company/an employer (if applicable); how your idea will make an impact; what is unique or original about your idea.
- Fill out an online application form here. Make sure to fill out all the contact information correctly/accurately.
- Submissions will be open from March 15th, 2017 until 11:59PM EST of May 25th, 2017.
Judging and voting process
NOTE: Update on Rules: Since we did not receive an excessive amount of submission for this year, we have extended the submission deadline to May 25th. Instead of the voting process, our committee will review all the applications we have received, and students chosen will receive a notice by May 26th.
Top 3 winners will be announced at the event. Winners and runner-ups will receive a certificate issued by Global Cleveland, and potential opportunities to pitch at future Global Cleveland Employer events.
Questions? Contact Wenzhu@globalcleveland.org